I’m going to spend the next day or so thinking about and writing out my 2009 goals. I love new years resolutions. I love reflecting on last year’s goals and seeing how I can improve this year.
Last year’s diet/fitness goals:
• Exercise regularly. Find a form of exercise that I enjoy and stick with it long enough to reap the benefits.
• Eat a balanced diet. My diet this past year has gone from one extreme to the other. I need to find a balance and stick with it.
• Train for and run a 5k. I’ve been saying this for over a year now. This year, I’m actually going to do it.
How’d I do? Well… I was better at exercising regularly. I trained for and ran/walked three 5k’s. I still haven’t run the entire distance, but I ran about 2.5 miles of my last one (Thanksgiving day). Balanced diet? HA! I still fluctuate from one extreme to the other. Raw vegan for awhile, vegan for awhile, vegetarian for awhile… the only part that’s healthy is the raw vegan, as I can still eat pretty unhealthy on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
This year’s diet/fitness goals:
• Exercise at least 5 days a week.
• Eat a low fat, vegan diet. Achieve 80/10/10.
• Finish training for a 5k and run the entire distance. Increase race distance to 10k by the end of 2009.
• Drink my daily requirements of water!